Father’s Day is around the corner. It is a day set apart in honouring fathers, brothers, uncles or any important male figure in our life to show our appreciation, love and adoration for the great sacrifices and contributions these has made in our lives.
We cannot celebrate father’s day without celebrate the father of all fathers, the lover of our soul, our intercessor, our advocate, our deliverer, our peace, our joy, our healer, our provider, our shield, our buckler, our source, our resource, our supplier, our deliverer, our mediator, our rock, our refuge and our fortress , The God almighty.
David said I will bless the Lord at all times, His praise shall continually be in my mouth – Psalm 34:1.
God said in Isaiah 43:7 that “Even every one that is called by my name: for I have created him for my glory, I have formed him; yea, I have made him”. If truly God is your father, are you honouring Him daily (Malachi 1:6), if you are still yet to accept Him as your father, use this opportunity to accept His love today by praying this prayer below to establish a relationship with Him for “That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. Rom. 10:9-10
Below are some prayer points to pray as father and for our fathers out there.
1. Almighty God, thank you for being a perfect and example of a good father
2. Thank you Lord, for your love towards me. John 3:16
3. Abba father, I praise you because you show me how to love, how to lead, how to discipline, etc.
4. Abba Father, as we celebrate fatherhood today, please forgive me all my inadequacy and pardon my iniquities. Jer 33:8
5. Abba father, I use this opportunity to pray for all males figure that are still yet to know you to receive the grace of salvation. Titus 2:11
6. Abba father, please don’t let me fail in my responsibilities to you, to my family, to your church, to my community and to my nation as a father. Job 1:5; Prov. 22:6; 1Tim 5:8; 2Tim 2:1-3
7. Abba father, remove every Jacob in me that has not make my Israel to manifest. Gen 32:24
8. Abba father, you are the father or the fatherless, visit as many that are without father figure in their live and those that are hurting today because they do not know their father. Psa 68:5
9. Abba father, please re-position me to fulfill the mandate that you gave in the beginning Gen 1:26-28
10. Abba father, let your seven fold spirit rest upon me and all the fathers out there. Isa. 11:1-2